Monday, October 25, 2010

Fotography Of The Day | DC at Nite Edition

Photographing at night is one of my favorite times to shoot. I find all the bright colors and lights of the night to be extremely visually stimulating. I really enjoy capturing and finding light from some of the most dark spaces in this world. When i go night shooting i really am in my own little world. I find it to be extremely relaxing, as well as a time of reflection. It helps me sort through the millions of things that are scrambled in my head, and it allows me to make sense out of all this organised noise.

I'm gonna be making future posts similar to this to showcase the beauty that is DC at night. We all know DC is a beautiful city during the day, but what i want to show is the magic that comes on once the sun has set, and the big bright lights of the city come on. All photos were taken by me all around Washington DC.

(Make sure to click on all photos to view larger)

Headless Sculptures from the Sculpture Garden in the National Mall
"Where's Your Head At?"

The world famous Kennedy Center and Potomac River
99/365

A twilight (blue hour*) shot of Midtown DC. Traffic moving through the streets of the midtown area of Washington DC
Midtown DC

A quiet street view from a sidewalk of M. Street. These streets during the peak hours of the day and night are packed with busy professionals and party goers.
114/365

A shot of Key Bridge on the Potomac River as well as a one of the famous Georgetown Ferris on the move.
Key Bridge X Boat

Stay tuned for the next DC at Night post as I take you on a journey through some of DC's neighborhoods and most famous sights during the wee hours of the night!

*Twilight Hour or "Blue Hour" is that early time of the night just after the sun has set and the sky is at its bluest in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment