Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Re-Up.. The Where, What, and Why

Well its been 8 months to the day since i last blogged. In that time there has been alot of things happening, both good, bad, and everything else in between that makes that clock go around. First i had to do a complete overhaul of the blog. Many of the past stories have been re-named, aswell as alot of the old stuff removed. When i first started this blog i had a vision to blog about everything and anything that i liked, but in that all i did was make it very impersonal. I was bloggin more about other things that had nothing to do with me or my life. While alot of those posts involved things i enjoyed looking at or was a fan of, it really was not about who the man behind the blog is. Due to legal matters which will not be discussed here, the name and overall message of this blog needed to be changed. Now its more about me and my personal projects and career. I will still blog about random stuff not related to me, but in a more personal way. I want whatever i write about to reflect my current mood and experiences.

Now lets get into what I've been up to this past 8 months. For starters my photography has really grown to new heights! Ive decided to keep the past posts that included my early photography as the future post will really show my growth and the knowledge i have gathered since. Ive really come to enjoy every aspect of photography as well as develop my own sense of style. I don't think I've really developed that specific style that makes my photography really stand out from the rest, but i know that this journey will only help me develop it, and i hope you guys are willing to come along for the ride.
Speaking of growth, I've really found a passion and love for film making. While most of the work I've been doing revolves around the DC nightlife and lifestyle, i look forward to expanding it to more character based projects. There are a few short film projects in the works that i hope i can show you guys very soon.
There is another project that I've gotten into called THE HOUSE TRIBE. If you have been keeping up on facebook, twitter or flickr, you have seen or heard me talk about these guys. I want to sit here and tell you all about whats been going on, but its much easier if you check The House Tribe blog at www.thehousetribedc.blogspot.com, there you can find alot of my work as well as any an all info regarding the group.

There is alot more things i want to tell you guys but i wont bore you with it all now. As i get back more into bloggin i will make sure to continue writing and letting everyone know of my exploits and adventures. For now i just want to thank all of you who have stuck behind me and have believed and continue to believe in my work. This blog was popular because of all of you, and i hope i can continue to provide you guys with many entertaining and interesting posts in the future. So stay tuned!!! :)

Ive made sure to make this blog and my work very accesible to everyone. Ive added easy share options for facebook and twitter below every post, aswell as links to my Facebook Fan Page, Twitter, Flickr, Youtube, and Vimeo on the right side of the blog. Make sure to check the pages at the top (Below the photo at the top of the page) for all kinds of info!!

You know i couldn't leave you without a shot.. Yours Truly
244|365
Much Love
-D.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment